The BMW R1200GS has a powerful yet wide motor, and you want to protect every inch. Wrap that 1200cc gem with our 1 inch stainless crash bars. AltRider set the bar high on this product. Durable and well engineered, the AltRider crash bars are built with precision-manufactured mounts that fit directly into the existing motor mount.
By utilizing the R 1200 GS's robust frame mount and incorporating the existing frame hardware, AltRider designed a quality piece that will protect your motor. Unlike other crash bars, these do not use flanges or weak tabs and are not hung: they are actually mounted. Made with a shot peen satin finish means that even when the bike takes a spill, the stainless bars will never show signs of rust.
These crash bars deflect the impact from the cylinders and engine case to the strongest parts of the frame. Unlike other manufacturers, our design provides plenty of clearance around the vulnerable left oil line. It also serves double-duty as a boot rest on long rides!
- R 1200 GS crash bars available in silver, black, white, red and triple black.
- R 1200 GS Upper crash bars available in silver, black, white, red and triple black.
- Fits 2003-2013
- Stainless construction fights corrosion and rust
- Hand TIG welded crash bars are 1 inch diameter for additional strength
- Manufactured in America
- Refined satin peen finish
- T55 Torx driver provided with the hardware for installation
- Compatible with BMW OEM plastic and aluminum cylinder head guards
- Removal required for valve adjustment
- Fits with Akrapovic full exhaust shotgun style
Note: Compatible with Remus header, approx. 1/2" of clearance on the right side
Note: Not currently compatible with Two Brothers header.
There are currently no reviews for this product, be the first add a review and share your thoughts with other customers.